Saturday, May 17, 2008

Correction

Well, now the Trib is reporting that PC Club is back in business, having been bought by an outfit called NAOC Holdings. I can tell you that the stores here in Utah are open again, but I can't tell you anything else, including whether PC Laptops is actually willing to take on PC Club customers. If I were a PC Club customer, though, I'd be inquiring, because something here smells like last week's diapers. I can tell you for a fact that if you file bankruptcy, you won't get to sell out within 48 hours (If anyone has definitive word on the bankruptcy filing, I'd like to hear it. Apparently the media couldn't be bothered to check it when they reported it.). Also, it is my considered opinion that, if you're about to sell your business, you don't hang a sign in your door reading, "Sorry, we've filed Chapter 7," and you don't have your website go dark with only a "Thanks for X years of business" message.

Labels: , , , ,