Friday, November 11, 2016

Former Client

I see that a former client has pleaded guilty to a pair of felonies for an "only in Utah" scam.  I represented him a number of years ago in a business dispute.  He was also trying to get some kind of mining company off the ground.  Our politics were quite different, which thoroughly upset him, so he ended up getting a different attorney.  Over the next few years, I saw his mining company being praised in the local media.  I reached out a couple of times to congratulate him and see what he was up to, but he never responded.  I guess now I know what he was up to.  It's a rare attorney whose clients tell him everything, and probably a miserable one too.  And by the way, just because someone is being praised in what passes for the news media around here, it doesn't mean he isn't a total fraud.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home